Bike and Ski Shop
Do you need help fixing your bike? Our Bike and Ski Shop in the Outdoor Adventure Center is at your service. Our mission is to serve student bike repair needs at an affordable cost and to help promote the sustainable bike culture on campus. We provide basic services to help keep your bike working properly. While our staff is trained to repair just about anything to a bike, we will often refer you to our off-campus bike shop partners for parts and major service work.
From Sept. 1 – Nov. 1, the OAC Bike Shop is open:
- Monday – Thursday: 12pm – 8pm,
- Fri/Sat/Sun: 11am – 5pm
Feel free during our open hours to swing by our back door. Ring the doorbell, and if we’re in the office, we’ll come let you in. Of course you can always drop us a line as well at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-424-4453 to make an appointment for your bike.
Bike Shop Services
- Air Pressure: Free
- Safety Check: Free
- Flat Tire Fix: $10 (covers price of tube)
- Quick Service: (typically $5/30 min. of labor)
- Brakes – $5 per brake
- Derailleurs – $5 per derailleur
- Hub Adjustment – $5
- Chain or Pedal Install – $5
- Other: $5/30 min. of labor
- Full Tune: $25 (covers all needed adjustments and lube of drive-train)
- Preventative Maintenance Tune: $15 (this is for bikes in exceptional condition, needing just some quick love)
*We have a library of used/replacement parts. These are available at $1/item for needed fixes.
Long-term Bike Rentals
In collaboration with the Office of Sustainability and OSA’s Green Fund, Student Recreation is proud to offer bikes for semester-long rentals for students.
Want to request a bike? Fill out this form to reserve a bike: Semester Bike Rental Request
*As of 9/10/17 we have rented out our full inventory! We may still have bikes available at times, so inquire by emailing email@example.com *
This year, we have added brand new bikes to grow our bike library. These single speed bikes from Fyxation out of Milwaukee are awesome for commuting or simply riding around town. We also have single speed mt. bikes for an all-terrain option! Rates:
- Semester: $30 (Due back Finals Week of Fall Semester or end of Interim of Spring Semester)
- Summer: $20
Of course our short term rental bikes are also available to students anytime the OAC is open. These are great for quick errands or fun trips around town. Rates:
Dero Fix It Stations
There are two Dero Fix It Stations on campus for your DIY bike repair needs. These stations include a tire pump with both Schrader and Presta valves, Allen wrenches, adjustable wrench, pedal wrenches and screwdrivers. On each station there is a QR code that you can scan to access helpful tips on keeping your bike running smooth. The stations are located near:
- Front entrance of the SRWC
- North entrance to Reeve (exiting toward the library)